10 x Alcohol Saliva Test Strips
10 x alcohol saliva test strips
10 Test Pack
This is a simple saliva test to detect the presence of alcohol in saliva and so can provide an estimation of blood alcohol levels. This test can be of use if you want to know if you are safe to drive the morning after heavily drinking the night before.
10 x Alcohol Saliva test Strips
Why do I need this test?
10 x Alcohol saliva test strips - If you have been consuming alcohol or had a drinking session the night before it may be helpful to know if you are over the limit the following morning. Especially if your job involves the ability to drive or concentrate or even a commute to work.
The blood alcohol concentration at which an individual becomes impaired is variable dependent on the individuals, size, weight, metabolic rates, eating habits and alcohol tolerance.
How accurate is this test?
It has been well that the concentration of alcohol in saliva is comparable to that of blood. The relationship between the amount of saliva alcohol and blood alcohol is 1:1 while with breath it is .000048:1, making saliva a more sensitive testing medium than breath.
Nothing should be consumed for at least 15 minutes prior to saliva collection. This includes food or drink. Nothing should be even placed in the mouth for 10minutes prior to the test this includes cigarettes or other materials. The saliva specimen can be collected in a cup or a clean container, or directly applied to the reaction pad of the test strip.
- Tear Open the foil package at the tear indicator and remove the test strip.
- Saturate the reactive pad for 10 seconds by dipping the reaction pad into the saliva specimen collected in a sputum cup, or by applying saliva directly to the reaction pad. shake off the excess saliva.
- Immediately start timer and at 2 minutes, compare the reactive pad with the provided coloured chart.
- Results after more than 2 minutes may be not accurate
It is possible to detect the presence of alcohol in other fluids, such as drinks. However, if used in this manner the colour chart on the outside of the package does not apply. If alcohol is present in the fluid a colour change ranging from a yellow/light blue/dark blue/black will occur as the alcohol concentration increases. Little or no colour change may occur with pure alcohol due to the absence of water, which is needed for the colour change reaction.
Negative: Almost no colour change by comparing with the background. The negative result indicates that the blood alcohol content (BAC) is less than 0.02%.
Positive: A distinct colour developed all over the pad. The positive result indicates that the BAC is 0.02% or higher.
Invalid: The test should be read as invalid If only the edge of the reactive pad turned colour that might be due to insufficient sampling. The subject should be re-tested.
This test ranges from zero alcohol present to the legal driving limit and above. The legal limit at the current time in the UK is 80milligrams of alcohol per 100millitres of blood. This is marked as 0.08% on the packet.
This alcohol test could provide inaccurate results if the instructions are not carried out properly. Please remember the following:
- Failure to wait 15 minutes after placing food, drink or other materials in the mouth before starting the test can provide inaccurate results due to possible contamination of the saliva by an interfering substance.
- If you wait longer than 2 minutes before reading the result.
- Rapid Alcohol Test is designed for use with human saliva only. A positive result indicates only the presence of alcohol and does not indicate or measure intoxication. There is a possibility that technical or procedure error as well other substances in certain foods and medicines may interfere with the test and cause false results.
- Do Not use the test past the expiry date printed on the outer packet.
Storage of 10 x alcohol saliva test strips
This test should be stored at room temperature.
For larger or more regular ordering please contact us
|Max. Sample Capacity||N/A|
|Acceleration to Max. Speed||N/A|
|Deceleration to Stop||N/A|